Monday, April 11, 2011

Song of the Heart- Part 2

The Sara Groves song I posted in part 1 has been on repeat in my mind lately. It's gonna be alright. I wish it were that simple. I am reminded of one of my favorite verses in James having to do with perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work for you to be mature and complete, not lacking anything- James 1:4. Also, that Smoky Norfolk song.. I will run till I finish.

So, the past week has flown by and I've had so much going on it seriously feels like I have been living in fast forward mode. Whenever life tends to get like this I just think of that quote from Ferris Bueller's Day Off,  "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."

Sometimes I am so oblivious to my surroundings I feel like I "miss it". Maybe it's that I get so focused on one thing I am not observant to anything else or maybe I just need to slow down. I have some amazing friends that are helping me with this area in my life. I am so thankful to have these friends in my life. I don't get to see most of these people on a regular basis but when we do see each other we pick up right where we left off. These people have blessed me spiritually, mentally, and have challenged me to be a better person everyday. I love when I hear or read their thoughts about what is happening in their lives. When they take a moment to slow down, think, and process their ideas to share I benefit greatly.

As I was reading their blogs and  notes the other night, I just felt so blessed to be able to call those ladies my friends. As I have been working through this Daniel study, my constant prayer has been for the Lord to give me wisdom and discernment in my everyday life in this crazy world. James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. I feel both of these ladies strive for the same thing and we are very much of like mind and heart.

My friend Kathleen (we've been friends over a decade) recently posted a note on facebook called, Learnin' and Lovin'. It begin with her quoting a song from Sara Groves (we both have Sara on the brain) and continued with some truly amazing discoveries she has made in her own life recently. I totally identified with her situation and was so blessed by her sharing her heart.

Another friend, Molly (you know we were instant friends) has been a blessing in my life since the day I met her. She is such a talented, beautiful woman of God. One of her recent blogs completely called me out. She began by saying, "You can't keep one eye on Heaven and the other on hurt." She talked about focus and how our lives and circumstances so easily get out of focus. So many times I am guilty of focusing my lenses on the wrong thing. I get caught up in small insignificant details or when my life becomes less than comfortable.

Praise God for these girls in my life who keep me in check and inspire me daily. Love, love, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment