Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Long Time Coming

As I was looking back on some of my previous posts, I realized how long it has been since I last posted and how much has happened in my life since then. This summer flew by! Between Aerospace class, Y.E.S. Bible Camp, and Special Friends Camp, I had maybe two free weeks of summer time then it was time for school to start again. We have been in school for 33 days and I've experienced more changes than ever in the past 33 days. I have stayed late, stressed, and worried about so many truly insignificant things.

Recently, I have come to the realization of how much I have slipped in my walk with God. I have made excuses and filled my time with so much "stuff" that I have been putting my spiritual life on the back burner. All these distractions in my life have made it hard to see God's revelation in my day to day life. The good thing is that I have finally come to terms with my actions and behavior and I am ready to make a change.

I love this poem by J.R. Tolkien

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king

No comments:

Post a Comment