Sunday, February 13, 2011

Time Will Do the Talking

Okay, so I love music and once again, when thinking of a blog title, I decided to be real original and use song lyrics. I love that Patty Griffin Song, Time Will Do the Talking. There is also that Beatles song, "there is a time for every season under heaven". Lately, time has been on my mind alot and it's been a real big issue for me. We have been learning to tell time at school and reading the book, Time to Sleep. These past couple weeks I have struggled with using my time wisely and figuring out what to devote my time to. Today was a beautiful day and I was able to take time to spend alot of the day outside enjoying the sunshine and hanging out with Charlie.

But, this week I'm facing another "I'm booked solid" week. I literally have multiple things to do each day after school. My calendar is all kinds of colorful this week. With school, planning, grad school, dance team, bible study, and Belmont's Homecoming this week is gonna be like a marathon. It leaves me very little down time, friend time, workout time, or Charlie time. I kind of feel a little trapped in my schedule.

I've always been an active person and I love being a part of stuff, but sometimes I just get too involved. No, is not a word I use often. I have gotten a little bit better with this, but it's a continual process. I pray for guidance and time management skills everyday. Sometimes I feel like I spread myself too thin. I've always been pretty good at most things, but I've never been just awesome at one particular thing. I try to juggle it all, squeeze things in, and make it work out somehow. I do this many times letting other areas of my life suffer. I love the night time and I can be very productive at night, but my school schedule is not conducive to that of a night owl. I have to start making myself get to sleep at a decent time. These snow days have really thrown my schedule off and my body has been so tired when getting up in the morning. I'll tell myself, "If I can just make it through the day, I'll be alright" but I hate the feeling of just making it or just getting through the week. Many times I just go into survival mode without truly enjoying the moments life has to offer. I pray that this week will not be a "just get through it" week but a week full of fun and excitement. 

I need to be more intentional about how I use my time. I always feel I have good intentions, but sometimes things don't pan out as I think they will or should. I have to remember this really isn't my time, it's God's time. He has a plan for me and I get to be a part of that process. I like to make things happen but sometimes when they don't happen, I get disappointed. I pray that God gives me an open heart and mind and helps me find joy even in the disappointing times.

No comments:

Post a Comment